The UK successfully attracts high-quality and high-value inward investment and has maintained its standing as the number one investment location in Europe during 2009, second only to the US world-wide.
The East of England is a powerful magnet for overseas companies seeking to globalise and is a positive opportunity for investment and expansion.
UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) provides advice and services to business through a network of locally-based International Trade teams. The East of England Development Agency (EEDA) is a key partner of UKTI in the Inward Investment services network.
From 1st April 2010 until 30th March 2011, East of England IDB (EEIDB) provided the regional Inward Investment programme on behalf of UKTI and EEDA. As the chosen delivery organisation, EEIDB had experience and knowledge of the international marketplace and utilised that knowledge to promote the region as a great place to do business and exploit opportunities that would improve the regions economic health.
The Inward Investment activities that EEIDB provided included: ·
- Provision of comprehensive information on business opportunities in the region
- Identification of joint-venture opportunities and partnerships with companies seeking overseas opportunities
- Provision of tailor-made information and practical information and support on setting up a business in the UK
- Specific market information on the social and economic landscape of the East of England region
- Information and support on immigration, housing, education and relocation
- Assistance in identifying potential suitable property options for current and future needs
- Arranging and accompanying potential investors on a personal visit to the region to meet with interested parties
- Provision of effective access to world class research taking place in the regions 11 universities and higher education institutes
- Assistance in the identification of suitable subcontractors, utility providers, component and service suppliers
- Assistance in accessing a wealth of business support to help maintain company competitiveness post investment
- Information on grants and loan opportunities available to investors from all areas including local and central government, the EU and other grant making bodies
- Introductions to professional service providers such as accountants, lawyers, bankers and recruitment specialists
- Sharing knowledge of businesses and institutions that are seeking investment and that might be suitable for foreign investor opportunities
- Putting partnerships in place to mobilise organisations in order to resolve barriers to investment and to develop and deliver the most effective business case for future investment